What is CBD and how to use it?
WHAT IS CBD?
CBD stands for cannabidiol which is a compound extracted from the cannabis plant (cannabinoid). CBD binds and modulates the receptors CB1 and CB2 (endocannabinoid receptors found on the central nervous system - brain, spinal cord, connective tissue & other glands) and how these receptors respond to stimulus. It contains 0% THC and does not cause the intoxicating high that THC produces.
WHY USE CBD?
CBD has been shown to be an analgesic due to its anti-inflammatory properties and can relieve symptoms of pain, anxiety, depression, insomnia, seizures, inflammatory rheumatic disorders, heart disease, acne and cancer related symptoms.
CBD CAN HELP:
- Reduce pain and chronic pain
- Alleviate mood disorders such as anxiety & depression
- Reduce symptoms of severe nerve disorders like epilepsy (Dravet Syndrome or Lennox-Gestaut syndrome) & multiple sclerosis
- Reduce symptoms of inflammatory rheumatic disorders and autoimmune diseases (fibromyalgia, lupus, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.)
- Reduce soft tissue or myofascial pain
- Alleviate acne & dermatitis
- Improve heart health
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Manage PTSD
- Reduce chronic joint pain from osteoarthritis in pets
- Reduce pet anxiety, seizures, nausea, stress and gastrointestinal issues
HOW TO TAKE CBD?
- orally ingest (via carrier oil: MCT, hemp seed, etc.)
- vaping concentrates
- smoking flower